Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Dum Dum Dee Dum Dum Dum Dum (that's the graduation march)

A company that sounds like "Smanlyey Schmeamer" is here cleaning the upstairs carpet. Mighty Boy is not impressed with the guy. First of all, he was a half hour late. Which isn't so bad except that it was a half-hour after the allotted 3 hour window. So ~ some may say he was 3 1/2 hours late. I'm not sure if that's what has Mighty so ticked at him or not. It may be the pointless conversation he is making after showing up late or the fact that his hose is going right through the newly planted flowers in the front. Whatever it is, Mighty Boy and I have moved out back to the patio while Mr. Scraggly Mustache does his thing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tomorrow is an exciting day around here. Some of you may have thought by the title that my husband is finishing school... no, no THAT exciting (but he is making great strides and we're all very proud. ;)) But...Brother is graduating from Pre-K! And both he and Little Bitty will be performing in a school program (although Little Bitty vacillates as to whether or not she's going to stand on the stage and sing. Only time will tell). As recently as a year ago I watched another group of kids graduate from Pre-K and thought how silly it all was. I mean, it's cute and all to see little people wearing cap and gowns but I definitely questioned the saneness of it all. But now that it is MY little guy getting his little diploma and walking down the aisle with the adorable cap and gown on - I think I will probably cry. And I think that it's just fine for a bunch of 4 and 5 year olds to feel really proud of themselves and be excited about starting Kindergarten in a couple of months. I'm still not sure the moms should be all weepy and wailing "I can't believe my BABY is going to kindergarten!" - but at least now I'll be irritated with myself instead of someone else. Because - I CAN'T BELIEVE MY BABY IS GOING TO KINDERGARTEN!

I try to keep things even/Steven here on the blog. If I mention one child - I want to update on the other one as well. So - let's talk about Little Bitty. This child amazes me every day. Usually in a good way (like "oh my goodness I can't believe I am blessed enough to be this child's mother")... other times... well, I'm just amazed. She is so incredibly head strong and contrary right now. And can be such a little pistol! She'll take things from Brother just to make him mad. She'll throw things (at you) when she doesn't get her way. She'll run and scream in the opposite direction when you ask her for a kiss. She'll laugh hysterically if she falls off the bed. She'll jump in a mud puddle because she knows it's worth it - regardless of any consequence. And she'll snuggle up behind you at night right when she's about to fall asleep and say "I love you soooo much, Mommy". And remind me again that I am so incredibly blessed to be her mommy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blessed children, blessed parents, blessed family! I wish so much I could be there to watch Brother walk across that stage. He comes from a long line of relatives who have graduated many many times! And to see LB sing on stage would bring such a huge smile to my face. Please take lots of video and pictures. I love and miss you all.
Love, Zia

carla said...

so sweet!!

caps and gowns at that size/age always kill me.

TheOilHippie said...

Exciting times around your house. CiCi has hit that all too challenging defiance stage and does it all with the best most mischievous smile ever.