Monday, February 16, 2009

Back from California

All was awesome. The kids had a blast with my mom. They made peek boxes and painted flowerpots. They also made me a noodle necklace and matching bracelet. Very sweet.


We had a great time in L.A. No big celebrity sightings. But, we got to see some of the famous areas, hung out one night with one of my husband's old friends that he hadn't seen in years and then ate some spectacular sushi on Saturday night. Alone. It was lovely. The entire weekend.


Now, we're back - I took today off work to hang with the kids (they were home from preschool anyway). I (unfortunately) just checked worked email. It's always a toss up whether or not to check work email the day before going back after being out. It stinks to be blind-sided with issues on your first day back - but - it also stinks to find out about things the night before and have to think about them. Next time, I'm holding off. sigh.


"Potty-time!" is being shouted at me. Must run.

1 comment:

Arena Mom said...

I had to laugh when I read your bit on checking work email the night before vs. the morning back at work. I always do that!!! And you are right, most of the time it just makes for a sleepless night worrying about / dreading the next day!!

Sounds like your vaca was well worth it though!!