Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Valentine's Day weekend is about to get started...

We made handmade Valentine's ... which is good since the ones that Grammy sent arrived today and the kids both liked them so much that is there is no way they were parting with them - even to give to other children (she bought them each a whole box).

Grammy also sent some chocolate and jelly beans among other goodies. Little Bitty announced that she had eaten too many and her tummy hurt. Hmmm... a sign of maturity? Not really since she was gorging herself with more within seconds.

My husband and I are off to the west coast for Valentine's Day! whoohooo! He is presenting at a conference, but I will be reading, shopping, or just laying by a pool or something. I don't really care - as long as some of it involves me sleeping in a king size bed with no people under 5 feet tall in it. To be clear, my husband is taller than five foot - as am I - I just thought that a nice even 5 feet was a good place to draw the line.

I'm cutting this short because as I type I am also giving a lecture to the kids about which parts of their bodies can be washed by the other one as they bathe (Little Bitty was trying to help out a little too much). This is resulting in Little Bitty commanding Brother very loudly to "WASH YOUR PENI$!!" I think she thinks that if she doesn't do it herself - it doesn't get done right. I don't know where she gets that. Ahem...

2 comments:

Heather said...

The bath story is way too funny. Wow.

And enjoy your laying-about-without-tiny-people-in-the-bed time.

I can only imagine how lovely that would be . . .

Anonymous said...

Too funny!