Saturday, June 6, 2009

Afternoon Alligator Crafts

Michael's had these little wooden alligators (or are they crocodiles?) and paint for $1/set. They also have snakes... I'll be going back to get them because these were a huge hit. And the activity actually lasted a little more than the 2.3 minutes that some planned activities do. Little Bitty had every bit as much paint on her shirt as she did her alligator - but really, whose fault is that? I should have made her some sort of smock, right? I know. I don't know at what point I'll start thinking like an experienced mom. I guess not after almost 6 years. But a paint covered shirt, table, face, pants...kitchen... is completely worth it for the few minutes of creativeness and joy that the two of them had doing it.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of dad's (or your's)old t-shirts works well for these kind of activities -covers a lot; to the knees usually. Looks like fun, bring a supply for the country, I'll check here too.
Love you!! Grammy

Heather said...

I often wonder the same thing- when I am going to start acting like an experienced Mom!! But isn't it more fun to fly by the seat of our pants and just let them have fun...mess and all!! In fact, I think the mess is half of the fun.

Heather:)