Friday, January 23, 2009

Here comes the weekend!

Yay - another weekend upon us. I had to spend the week out of town away from my chickadees and am glad to be home! However, I did get to see some good friends while I was away and that was great. I am lucky to have each of them! Thanks for meeting up girls!

Today was a bit of a milestone with Brother. I offered to let him stay home from pre-k for the day but he WANTED TO GO! I'm so proud of him and happy for him. He is such a cool little guy and thankfully has no problem making friends, does great at school, etc. - but in the past, he has always preferred to stay home if given the choice. However, this year he has really blossomed and actually enjoys his class. YAY! I think one of the most important things a parent can give their child is a love of learning - and an appreciation for the opportunity to do so. Let's hope the public schools don't squash this out of him next year.

Little Bitty did choose to stay home with Mommy today. We're eating cereal together and watching Dora right now. We already played Diego and washed dishes (she actually did this on her own - pulled a stool over to the sink and washed her sippy cup and some silverware... this is another important thing a parent can give their child - a love of dish washing and an appreciation for the opportunity to do so).

I'm off to enjoy the day with my smallest chickadee.

No comments: