Friday, August 14, 2009

First Day of School! First Day of School!

All over the country kids are attending their first day of school this time of year.



















But this is MY kid.






















And I know that he has to go off and become more grown up and independent. I want this for him. I pray for this for him. I am completely thankful that he has this opportunity. And he is excited. And his teacher seems awesome ~ the perfect person to love and teach him when he is there. She has a frog theme - and Brother is into polliwogs right now - so that's cool.






















And there were no tears shed. By him.
But - that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt my heart a little bit. Cause it does.
Bye, Buddy. See you in a few hours.

3 comments:

Blake said...

I was okay til the "Bye, Buddy" at the end. Nobody said anything about saying "goodbye." Nobody told me.

Blake said...

I also just realized he wore his Nemo-colored shirt for his "first day of school! First day of school!" Good thing we reminded him not to go off and touch any "butts."

Anonymous said...

He looks so grown up!! He also looks very excited - I'm sure he will have a great day! Mom and Dad maybe not so much, you've come a long way! Love you!
Grammy