Thursday, March 19, 2009

A post about the weather. And running.

It's a rainy but not cold day here today. We are all so ready for spring - Brother even praised the rain this morning saying that it would help the flowers grow. This winter has seemed long even though we know we're lucky and haven't suffered through snow storms or icy roads. I just get tired of the gray after a while and LONG for warmness and sunshine. Every time we talk about where we'll move after our stint here - the talk turns to weather at some point and we are drawn to warm or at least sunny states.


Another benefit of the warmer weather is that it is so much easier to get myself out the door for daily or at least consistent runs. I really do love running - I just love to do it when it's fun to be outside. My husband and I have somewhat tentative plans to run a 1/2 marathon at the end of April - but unless this weather cooperates and gets us out there a little more often to train, we're going to be walking part of that 1/2 marathon. However, I do have an awesome friend/motivator who is coming to town to also do the 1/2 marathon, so that helps me as well and I am optimistic that I will somehow pull it off. Today I actually got to run with my husband at the park - which is awesome - and a great way to spend an hour in the afternoon. One of the many benefits of working from home.

It has taken me from morning until after dinner to finish this post - and now I have little dirty birdies that need a bath before bed. We're gearing up for a fun weekend which will include some outside play, a movie night with the kids and then a dinner and movie sans kids to celebrate seven years of an amazing marriage. More on that soon.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary!

Happy spring!

Happy run-run-(walk)-run through Nashville!