Monday, October 1, 2007

An Un-boring Weekend

Truck driver not paying attention while driving on interstate: annoying and dangerous
Badly damaged Honda Accord: inconvenient but replaceable
Unharmed husband and children: the only thing that matters.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news, I took Brother and Little Bitty and went to visit my dad. My sisters and their families met us there. We had our First Annual Papa's Sailing Camp. It was a blast and watching my little ones play with their cousins is about as good as it gets. I love it. Matching shirts were compliments of my uber-organized and very talented younger sister. As were the sailing/outdoor-themed activities.

I am one of four children in my family and my parents definitely did something right (if I do say so myself). I LOVE my siblings, they are all very cool people. And then - as if I'm not lucky enough... I married my husband who also an awesome sister. So, my children are blessed with a whole group of really neat aunts and uncles. Thankful, thankful, thankful.

On to photos of the weekend (minus the car accident on Friday - cause that would just be a bummer).
Little Bitty the deck hand


Any attempt at full group shots went about like this:
Gazing at the open sea... errr, lake

A couple of First Mates My guy and his rubber lizards
My loves


2 comments:

carla said...

first THANK GOODNESS YOU ARE ALL OK.
I swear the more I hear the more my semifear of car accidents becomes less irrational!

love that last photo.
is it blown up and framed for your house yet? :)

and thanks for the great idea about the book for emma.
I hadnt even thought of that!

Ashley said...

Lost the blog... found it again. How much fun you must have had... and glad that all are well!!! ( well except the car)